Enrolling new participants
Adding a leader to your unit on eDofE
Award Approval & Certificates
Verification of awards (final approval)
DofE Expedition Assessors/Supervisors
Qualifying as an Expedition Assessor/Supervisor
To become an accredited Expedition Assessor and Supervisor, you need to:
- Complete the e-induction and Expedition introduction online training
- Attend an Expedition Assessor and Supervisor Training Course (EASTC) – these are run by the Scouts and the DofE regularly.
- Complete the EASTC post-course knowledge check (under “My Training” on eDofE)
- Register with the Scout Association (see below)
You should let the County DofE Adviser (contact here) know if you are planning to become accredited.
Registering with the Scout Association
To be able to assess for the Scouts, you need to hold a full Scout role including a DBS check (Occasional Helper roles are not sufficient). You also need to demonstrate sufficient technical competence in order to support young people on their expeditions. This requirement can be demonstrated by:
- Having a Scout permit in the relevant mode of travel
- Holding an NGB qualification in the relevant mode of travel
- Providing a letter from the County DofE Adviser (if you need a letter, please email giving your Scout Membership number and details of your relevant experience and qualifications)
If you have everything you need, you should inform the County DofE Adviser (contact here) and then complete this form. Assessor affiliations are handled by the Scouts HQ and are usually valid for 5 years. Once you receive the email stating you are registered, you should complete the rest of your assessor details on eDofE.